Mile High Labs (“MHL”) is an exciting company with incredible potential that powers the world’s novel consumer packaged goods. Our quality commitment is a promise we keep throughout our entire process—from the farm to the lab to the customer. Our portfolio of hemp-based cannabinoid ingredients is trusted by leading global brands in creating a generation of innovative consumer products. The company's adherence to the strictest manufacturing certifications and commitment to self-regulation has earned the trust of brands around the world. For more information, visit milehighlabs.com.
Opportunity Is Knocking:
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for rapidly accelerating customer acquisition and iterating on our go-to-market strategy to drive volume, build revenue, and increase market share in mainstream (non-cannabis) brands in the US.
Compensation and Benefits: $80,000 - $100,000 - Annual Bonus Target 10-15% / Comprehensive Benefits Package, Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA Benefits,401K and Paid Time Off (PTO) * A great team environment and resources, supporting you * Entrepreneurial environment * Diverse and inclusive workplace where we all learn from each other.
Great Candidates with Proven Track Record Will:
• Building a pipeline, prospecting, qualifying and closing new customers within their active and established relationships within the dietary supplement industry and/or beverage, personal care and pet care space.
• Actively prospecting and networking – thriving off the chase to identify decision makers, gain points of contact, and building relationships quickly.
• Executing a sales plan to maximize revenue and drive profitability.
• Capturing and sharing “expert level” voice of the customer (VOC) insights back to the organization to enable continuous improvement into the strategic marketing and sales plan.
A Great Candidate Will:
Bring an entrepreneurial mindset, the ability to work through problems autonomously, and a relentless drive for continuous improvement. They will convey technical subject matter expertise in the dietary, nutrition, food, and/or wellness spaces and have the humbleness to operate as both a leader, team player and individual contributor.
Your Essential Responsibilities:
• Strategic Sales Planning.
• Develop a structured, strategic sales plan to ensure the attainment of company sales goals and objectives.
• Build a pipeline that expands the company’s customer base, maximizes revenue, and grows our brands into market leaders
• Work with Sales, Finance, Operations, and Senior Leadership to track sales and growth progress.
• Delivers on monthly, quarterly, and annual team and individual goals
• Expand customer relationships beyond vendors to a true partnership level.
• Follow a full-cycle, consultative sales process that enables closure on new customers and expansion of existing
• Establish relationships with cross-functional stakeholders (purchasing, R&D, C-Suite, quality, sales, etc.)
• Be an expert in our products, market, and prospects – demonstrate a strong ability to provide application knowledge to customers
• Demonstrate and model professionalism, and technical sales techniques
• General Business Development Tasks
• Lead the sales / business development progression (pathway to purchase) for all owned customers
• Leverage customer relationship management (CRM) tools to enable efficient time management, and to keep all pertinent contact information, documentation, and communication current
• Ability to deliver effective sales and/or technical presentations
• Minimum of 5-years of proven successful sales experience in sales within the dietary supplement, nutraceutical or functional food/beverage category.
• 2-years of ingredient sales experience in the cannabis or similar industries is preferred.
• Advanced knowledge of cannabinoid industry market and products is preferred.
• Knowledge of industry contacts and demonstrated networking capabilities.
• 5-years of experience using Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools.
• Proven dedication to performance-based environments.
• High level of attention to detail; developing and following processes and procedures.
• Demonstrated expert time management skills and ability to manage competing and complex priorities to hit target deadlines.
• Intermediate problem-solving skills to manage complex tasks and work through solutions with little guidance and direction.
• Ability to quickly adapt to an often-changing and rapid-paced work environment.
• Advanced communication (written, verbal, and presentation) skills to deliver complex information effectively and align people with the needs of the project/team.
• Computer proficiency, specifically but not limited to: Microsoft Office Suite (required), Net Suite (preferred).
Mile High Labs is an equal opportunity employer. At Mile High Labs, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All aspects of employment, including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, and compensation decisions, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. Mile High Labs believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates are critical to our success as a global company. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.